We Love Coffee
Today is International Coffee Day. We’ll take every
excuse, ahem, opportunity to celebrate the beverage we love. You can bet there is going to be a lot of free or discounted cups of coffee served today, but beyond taking a moment to enjoy this beloved drink, please join us in raising awareness around the social and environmental issues related to coffee.
Check out a few of our favorites:
- Cafe Feminino – helping deliver health and education services to the women & their families in coffee growing communities
- Coffee Kids – promoting health, education, food security, and economic diversification in coffee-farming communities in Latin America
- Grounds for Health – providing cervical cancer screening & prevention services in low & middle income countries
Here are just a few examples of our coffee industry friends using coffee to do good! Love it!
- Humphreys Street Coffee Co/Harvest Hands Community Development – providing jobs and mentoring for youth in South Nashville, TN
- Red Bay Coffee – transforming low-wage jobs and providing skills-based training to address income inequality
- Thanksgiving Coffee – finding ways to support sustainable coffee; identifying creative ways to reduce deforestation, mitigate climate change and improve health in coffee producing regions